We believe that food is a right and not a privilege. We provide healthy food options in a dignified and respectful manner through our Community Food & Nutrition Program.
In case of bad weather: Emergency Closing Information
Who We Serve
Loaves & Fishes serves residents of Naperville and Naperville Township. DuPage County residents in need of food assistance are also eligible to receive food distributions. To qualify for food assistance, a household’s gross monthly income must be within the guidelines established by the Illinois Department of Human Services income guidelines for their family size.
All clients in these service areas are able to receive a Client Choice food distribution once every two weeks (14 days). For information on additional food pantries serving your community, visit www.direct2food.org.
Food Pick-up Schedule
Tuesday 9 – 11 a.m. AND 1 – 3 p.m.
Wednesday 9 – 11 a.m. AND 1 – 3 p.m.
Thursday 9 – 11 a.m. AND 1 – 3 p.m. AND 5 – 7 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 11: 30 a.m.
Note: Loaves & Fishes will be closed on Thursday, November 28th and Saturday, November 30th to observe the Thanksgiving holiday. For this reason, we have extended our pantry hours on Saturday, November 23rd till 2:00 p.m. and on Tuesday, November 26th, we will have an extra distribution from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Client parking will open 30 minutes prior to pick-up.
You must bring your own bags for packing grocery items as they are not provided by the pantry.
View our Updated Parking Map for clients.
How to Enroll/Register
Enrollment occurs at your first visit during regular food pick-up hours (listed above). For all clients, both new and existing, we require TWO (2) pieces of identification each time you register for food pick-up:
- A drivers license, state ID, passport, or a consular ID card.
- A current utility bill in your name or the name of someone in your household, OR, if you do not have a current utility bill, a lease in your name.
Every time you come to Loaves & Fishes for a food distribution, you must bring these documents. If you do not bring them, we can only serve you the emergency food we have on our emergency shelves. Please have your documents ready for the check-in desk volunteer.
Additional Support Programs
Register for additional support programs when you arrive:
- Infant Care: Provides infant formula and baby foods for children under 12 months of age; A birth certificate is required for enrollment.
- Diapers: Provides disposable diapers for children through age 2; A birth certificate is required for enrollment.
- Birthday Bonus: Provides birthday cake and party supplies for children ages 2 through 12.
- School Nutrition: Provides additional school snacks, breakfast items, and nutritional support for children ages 5 to 18.
- Household Products: Provides household cleaners and supplies once a month.
- Special Promotions: Provides holiday meals, school supplies and other seasonal offerings.
If you are unable to come to the pantry to pick up food, another person can pick up your food distribution on your behalf. That person must bring a completed proxy form (Print) along with your identification and utility bill. The proxy form is your authorizing signature. A new proxy form is required every time a food pick up is requested.
Monday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Supporting Our Troops
Loaves & Fishes will provide food to any veteran or the family of any Naperville or DuPage County active duty military person experiencing economic hardship. Please bring some proof of that status, such as a Veteran’s or Military ID card, when you register.