[imagebrowser id=8]On November 8th, Loaves & Fishes held the Celebration of Compassion at the Celebration Community Life Center in Naperville to announce this year’s honorees. Guests included major supporters as well as volunteers who donated more than 100 hours of time during the year ended June 30th.
Charles McLimans presented the awards, donated by John Robbins of Awards & Fine Gifts, Naperville, communicating each honoree’s accomplishments. A Lifetime Achievement award – only the second ever given – was presented to the Ed Hoy family. Patriarch Ed Hoy passed away earlier this year, and his family has continued its storied tradition of exemplary volunteerism and support. Jody Bender recently celebrated her 10-year work anniversary and was the first staff member honored. Awards and certificates reflecting each of our core values, and the Fireball award, which encompasses all core values, were given to the following:
- Lifetime Achievement – The Ed Hoy Family
- Community – Doris & Alice Wood
- Compassion (2) – Andy Lindsay, Tom Wcisel
- Dignity – Ned Bacon
- Hope – Dave Kelsch
- Service (4) – Bob Elazan, Alex Lints, Elizabeth May, Jody Bender
- Fireball – Jim & Patrice Lia
- Outstanding Community Partner (2) – Whole Foods Naperville, The Rotary Club of Naperville
We were proud to present a special gift to each guest, as well as our Power of Compassion annual report, which highlights the collective efforts of the Loaves & Fishes family over the past year.