Community

Tis the Season at Loaves & Fishes

Do you decorate your tree with cutlery? We do! And it's just in time for the holiday season when we will be providing client families with holiday meals to make the season brighter. #holiday #xmas #tree #decoration #toocute #decorating #santa #presents #meal A photo posted by Loaves & Fishes (@loavesfishes1984) on Dec 10, 2015 at… Read more »

As Good As Gold?

Maybe it’s just the time of year that makes me reflect a little on the cycle of life and those of us who are now classified as “older adults.” Fall is a favorite season for me, but not so much for those who might be facing the challenges of their golden years with not much… Read more »

Primrose Students Make the Season Bright

Students @PrimroseSchools – #Naperville raised $228 doing chores then purchased food for our clients! #GivingTuesday pic.twitter.com/RmVNVSXlqG — Loaves & Fishes (@loaves_fishes) December 1, 2015

ComEd Powers Through the Holiday Season

We had over 60 helping hands thanks to @ComEd employees who packed #holiday #meal and child nutrition bags #giveback pic.twitter.com/Z1gUYDIC96 — Loaves & Fishes (@loaves_fishes) November 19, 2015

Anicca Floats Over

Thanks to our friends @aniccafloatclub who donated $600 and canned goods that were raised during their Community Float Day! Have you floated yet? #floatnaperville #naperville #community #giveback #makeadifference #sharethejoy #therapy #relaxation #relax A photo posted by Loaves & Fishes (@loavesfishes1984) on Nov 16, 2015 at 11:35am PST

The Power of Community

The western suburbs of Chicago are increasingly becoming home to low-income families in search of safer neighborhoods, better schools, and affordable housing; yet, they are finding that a lack of employment opportunities and public transit are blocking their path to self-sufficiency. With the help of Loaves & Fishes, these families are connected to the resources… Read more »

How Can You Help End Child Hunger?

When I retired I chose to volunteer at Loaves & Fishes because of the impact I knew it had in our community. After 25 years of teaching, it was evident to me that poor nutrition and hunger were often obstacles to a child’s success at school. When a 12 year old is hungry, all that… Read more »

North Central College Students Go “Into the Streets”

THIS JUST IN! Into the Streets gathered 607 lbs.of food for @loaves_fishes #NCCServe #BeCentral @northcentralcol pic.twitter.com/MCVP0d2ul8 — NCC Ministry&Service (@NCCServe) September 16, 2015

The Art of Conversation

I recently cracked open a fortune cookie to find my personal fortune, “The world will soon be ready to receive your talents.” Pondering this, I wondered why the world wasn’t ready for my “talents” earlier in my life. Sure, my position at Loaves & Fishes as the Donor Relations Officer has created new opportunities, but… Read more »

Jackson National Takes Action Against Child Hunger

Loaves & Fishes’ Child Nutrition Initiative has been a crucial part of our hunger-relief efforts since 2004, when it was launched to supplement the loss of school-provided lunches for students during the summer months. As the need in our community increased, the initiative expanded in 2005 to provide breakfast foods for students during the school… Read more »